Building Inspection and Consulting firm
Bill Burross is President of Burross & Associates, Inc., a Lakeland, TN based building inspection and consulting firm.
Since 1978, Bill has been in the building construction profession. His experience also includes inspecting residential and commercial properties in Tennessee and Mississippi. Bill is a ASHI Certified inspector in the State of Tennessee – License No. 1217, and in the State of Mississippi – License No. 0642. He is also a Certified Residential Thermographer (CRT) – Certification No. 2018012018127, and is an ASHI Certified Inspector (American Association of Home Inspectors) – Member No. 256874, and currently serves as Vice President of MidSouth ASHI.
Buying a new home may be the biggest investment you’ll ever make.
Whether this is your first home or your tenth home, or if you have otherwise never had a home inspection, you need to understand what to expect from such an inspection. Burross has the experience to educate you about your home and confidence to deliver an exceptional thorough inspection with only your best interest in mind.
Your Burross Home inspection is performed in a manner consistent with the Standards and Code of Ethics of the American Society of Home Inspectors as well as the Standards for the State of Tennessee or Mississippi. The purpose of the inspection is to provide you with a better understanding of the property conditions as observed at the time of the inspection so that you may make an informed decision as to whether you should purchase the house.
The inspection consists of a visual observation of the major structural, mechanical and electrical systems that comprise a typical home, and which are accessible at the time of the inspection. The inspection concentrates on the major deficiencies, those areas that could cost hundreds of dollars to correct if defective, or which could threaten the health or safety of the building or its occupants. Burross also attempts to identify as many of the minor problems as time permits.
We provide a fair price, extensive inspection time, and a detailed report so you as the buyer can see the home, understand the issues, and make the right decision regarding the purchase price of the home. We are always available to answer any questions regarding the report. We have inspected homes ranging from 800 square feet to 14,000 square feet.
- Experience – Since 1978 in the building construction industry.
- Time – we will be at any home a minimum of 3 hours, but could be on site up to 12 hours if needed.
- Reporting detail – our reports range in length from 40-90 pages with proper narratives and corresponding photographs to document the inspection, to support your home buying decision.
In addition to the report, we provide you with a digital three ring binder so you can track and manage all repairs and improvements you make as long as you own the home.
Credentials and Experience…
- B.S. Building Construction – The Georgia Institute of Technology
- Special Emphasis – Construction Project Management
- American Society of Home Inspectors – Member No. 256874 – ASHI Certified Inspector
- State of Tennessee – Licensed Home Inspector No. 1217
- State of Mississippi – Licensed Home Inspector No. 0642
- Certified Residential Thermographer (CRT) – Certification No. 2018012018127
- Construction Management Association of America
- National Roofing Contractors Association
Home Safety Tips from an ASHI Inspector (and former President of ASHI)
ASHI Offers cutting edge education
ASHI brings client to you